FPX – 42 Apex NexGen-Hybrid Wood Fireplace
- Heating Capacity: Up to 2,500 Sq. Ft.
- Maximum Burn Time: Up to 12 Hrs.
- Log Length: 24″
- Viewing Glass: Ceramic Glass, 25-5/8″ W x 12-7/8″ H, 328.7 Sq. In.
The 42 Apex NexGen-Hybrid wood fireplace is designed to deliver high-performance, clean-burning heat while showcasing a spectacular view of the fire. There is a face for every space, and the 42 Apex wood fireplace has three faces designed to enhance your own personal architectural style. You can choose between the universal, metropolitan, and timberline faces. This wood fireplace delivers natural convection heat efficiently throughout your home and offers a sleek, rectangular door and viewing area. Designed to be flexible for all installation applications, the 42 Apex is the perfect choice for remodels and new home construction. Its simple installation parameters allow this fireplace to be featured anywhere in your home, including interior walls. The 42 Apex wood fireplace has a maximum BTU output of 74,000 BTUs, heats up to 2,500 sq. ft, and has an overall efficiency of 73.1%. This fireplace is large enough to accommodate up to 12-hour overnight burns.
The 42 Apex wood fireplace features a large five cubic foot firebox and can take logs up to 24″ long, and has 328 square inches of fire viewing area. The Apex 42 wood fireplace’s state-of-the-art catalytic operation provides you with the cleanest burning wood fireplaces in the industry. This fireplace uses a catalytic combustor to increase heat transfer to the room and reduce emissions. The catalytic combustor takes dirty smoke and turns it into extra heat and cleaner emissions. A combustor temperature probe is included with the fireplace to monitor the combustor, and the electrical in-wall control center switch plate displays the current catalytic temperature with the press of a button. The 42 Apex wood fireplace features an in-wall Control Center, the first in the industry to combine a digital catalytic temperature readout and a slide rheostat for the standard fan. This user-friendly device combines your fireplace controls into one simple, sleek design and can easily be mounted and integrated into the wall. With this wall control, you can adjust the amount of heat being distributed into the room, understand when your fireplace is performing at optimum efficiency, and even start your fire with the push of a button! The 42 Apex comes with a useful tool that allows you to adjust your air control, open and close your bypass damper, and access the loading door without accidentally touching the fireplace’s hot surface. The bypass damper makes it easy to startup fires and ensures smoke-free reloading. The Apex 42 wood fireplace’s perforated air wash keeps the viewing glass clean, and the exceptionally quiet 400 CFM fan minimizes noise while maximizing heat output.
WE DARE YOU TO COMPARE! The 42 Apex wood fireplace is 2020 EPA-Certified using the new EPA Cord Wood protocol rather than the Crib Wood protocol. The differences between EPA Cord Wood & Crib Wood testing are essential to consider. Some manufacturers use the Crib Wood testing protocol, which tends to produce great lab results that are not real-world measurements and will differ significantly when the unit is installed in your home. The Cord Wood testing protocol gives you accurate real-world measurements of how well the appliance will burn and perform in your home.
42 Apex Wood Fireplace Key Features:
- Efficient Heating: A quality wood fireplace should have a high level of heating efficiency, effectively warming the surrounding area.
- Large Viewing Area: A larger viewing area allows you to enjoy the beauty and warmth of the fire while adding an aesthetic touch to your living space.
- Air Control: Adjustable air vents or dampers allow you to control the airflow, which in turn affects the intensity of the fire and the burn rate of the wood.
- Eco-Friendly Design: Modern wood fireplaces often incorporate technologies that minimize emissions and increase combustion efficiency, making them more environmentally friendly.
- Secondary Combustion: Some models feature a secondary combustion system that burns off excess gases, enhancing efficiency and reducing emissions.
- Heat Distribution: Built-in fans or heat exchangers help distribute warm air more effectively throughout the room, improving the fireplace’s heating performance.
- Easy Cleaning: Removable ash pans and tools facilitate easy cleaning and maintenance of the fireplace.
- Safety Features: Features like glass doors with safety screens and heat-resistant materials help prevent accidental burns and ensure safe operation.
- Aesthetic Design: A well-designed fireplace can be a centerpiece of your room, enhancing its overall decor.
- Installation Flexibility: Consider a fireplace that suits your installation preferences, whether it’s a traditional built-in fireplace, a freestanding model, or an insert that can be installed into an existing fireplace opening.
- Quality Construction: Look for fireplaces made from durable materials that can withstand high temperatures and frequent use.
- Warranty: A good warranty can provide peace of mind, ensuring that you’re covered in case of any manufacturing defects or issues.
- Remote Control: Some advanced models come with remote controls, making it convenient to adjust settings without having to approach the fireplace.
- Efficient Wood Usage: Fireplaces designed for efficiency can help you get the most heat out of the wood you burn, reducing the need for frequent reloading.
42 Apex wood fireplace optional accessories:
- GreenStart igniter. This push-button ignition system is great for the modern wood burner; just load your wood and push a button! We’ve eliminated slow, cracked, open-door startups and laboring over fickle newspapers.