Use These 3 Simple Steps to Keep Pests at Bay
You’ve put money into designing the ideal outdoor entertaining area. You’ve prepared the cuisine, chilled the drinks, and lit the fire, so you’re ready to host a gathering. But have you taken any measures to keep trespassers from entering your party? HPC has your back as usual. This blog will concentrate on organic methods for warding off pests so that you and your visitors can enjoy your backyard retreat furnished with HPC’s renowned fire equipment and outdoor dining line.
1) Examine the party boundary:
Checking your property for any areas of standing water is a smart idea. A potential breeding place is still water. It’s a good idea to check plant saucers, birdbaths, gutters, and garden containers to reduce pests. Jim Fredericks, the chief entomologist for the National Pest Management Association, asserts that roughly every five days draining moist areas eliminates mosquito breeding grounds. According to Smith, sprinkling Mosquito Bits into any standing water in regions that cannot be drained immediately kills larvae and is safe for pets, birds, and other wildlife.
2) Build Barriers in Layers:
According to Lynn Easton, a Charleston, South Carolina-based special event planner Offering your visitors a variety of bug repellents on display for them to use as they want is a great idea. I frequently make a nice tray to hold a variety of sprays, along with wristbands that repel insects and essential oils like peppermint, lavender, and cedarwood. This gives partygoers a customizable preventative precaution.
You may want to try serving meals indoors and allowing people to bring their dishes outside to dine. This precaution reduces the presence of scents that attract insects like mosquitoes and flies. Sweet beverages like lemonade should be avoided since their aromas attract insects.
Create a physical boundary for your entertaining area. By surrounding your entertaining space with citronella votives, you can discourage insects. In addition, by filling little cups halfway with vinegar, you can make a honey trap for flies, which will lure them with its aroma and trap them. Fans strategically placed in your entertainment area reduce pests’ ability to penetrate the space. When cooked on a grill or in a Forno di pizza oven, fresh rosemary emits a scent that repels insects. In addition to repelling pests, lighting your HPC Tiki Torches and unique fire patterns deters them.
3) Plant Energy:
Enhance your outside space with these gorgeous plants. Planting them around your entertainment area will improve the aesthetics and discourage annoying insects.
- Catnip or Catmint emits a naturally occurring molecule that has been demonstrated to be a more efficient mosquito repellant than DEET. This perennial begins flowering in the spring and continues into the fall.
- Citronella, often known as the mosquito plant, has a lovely bright green leaf with a strong citrus scent that repels mosquitoes.
- Lavender is a lovely perennial that is one of the most effective mosquito repellents.
- Lemon Balm is related to mint and repels mosquitoes with its citrus scent.
- Marigold flowers have a scent that repels mosquitoes and adds a wonderful splash of color to your environment.
- Basil is a natural insecticide that inhibits mosquitoes from remaining. The aroma of peppermint is a natural mosquito repellent and enhances the flavor of a variety of foods and beverages.
- Rosemary adds beauty to your garden and taste to your food while repelling mosquitoes with its potent aroma.
- Lemongrass has a powerful lemon scent. It is useful in the kitchen for adding taste to recipes and repelling insects because of its strong citrus aroma.
Summertime festivities have arrived. Creating lasting memories with loved ones is one of life’s greatest privileges. We are confident that if you follow these suggestions, your event will go off without a hitch, giving the community something to talk about! Come on into our showroom to start building your outdoor oasis today!